|Series 1000 - By-Laws|
Policy # 0300
The Board of Education acknowledges that it is directly accountable to the community it has been elected to serve, and is committed to engaging in a continuous assessment of all district conditions affecting education.
The Board recognizes that a comprehensive accountability system is necessary to improve the effectiveness of the district’s schools by keeping the primary focus on student achievement and on what can and should be done to improve that achievement.
Consistent with its obligations and commitments, the Board will:
1. Receive or be presented with regular reports to evaluate the quality and equity of education in the district, including instruction, services, and facilities.
2. Evaluate the Superintendent’s performance in accordance with policy 0320, Evaluation of the Superintendent.
3. Evaluate the Board’s performance in accordance with policy 0310, Board Self-Evaluation.
4. Evaluate progress toward the achievement of district long- and short-term goals and ensure that board policies and resources effectively support the district vision.
5. Provide appropriate staff and board training opportunities.
6. Fulfill governance responsibilities as required by state and federal law.
The Board acknowledges that publicizing the district’s targets/goals is important to maintaining the community’s trust and support. The Board is committed to keeping the public aware of how they are meeting these targets/goals through website and/or district newsletter.
Cross-ref: 0000, Mission Statement and Vision
0310, Board Self-Evaluation
0320, Evaluation of the Superintendent
1000, Community Relations Goals
4000, Student Learning Standards and Instructional Guidelines
1000 - By-Laws