Quick Linksdistrict home
8000-8505 - 8000-8505
8350R.4 GUIDELINES FOR AUDIOVISUAL MATERIALS
A teacher or other staff member may:
1) Create a slide or overhead transparency series from multiple sources as long as creation does not exceed ten percent (10%) of photographs in one source (books, magazine, filmstrips, etc.) unless the source forbids photographic reproduction.
2) Create a single overhead transparency from a single page of a "consumable" workbook.
3) Reproduce selected slides from a series as long as reproduction does not exceed ten percent
(10%) of total nor excerpting "the essence."
4) Excerpt sections of a film for a local videotape (not to be shown over cable) if excerpting
does not exceed ten percent (10%) of the total nor "the essence" of the work.
5) Copy stories or literary excerpts on tape and duplicate them as long as similar material is not available for sale.
A teacher or other staff member may not:
1) Duplicate tapes unless reproduction rights were given at time of purchase.
2) Reproduce musical works or convert to another format (e.g., record to tape).
3) Reproduce commercial materials individually or in sets (including multimedia kits), if available for sale separately.
4) Reproduce any audiovisual work in its entirety for any purpose.
5) Convert one media format to another unless permission is secured, including reading a story onto cassette tape for reading motivation.